- UL & CSA Class I II III Div 2, Zone 2 Groups Grps A B C D / Grps F G T4A
Certifications / Approvals
|Magnet Part No.||MA-1S||MA-4S||MA-7S||MA-8S|
|Sensing Range in mm (")||8 (0.31)||8 (0.31)||16 (0.63)||8 (0.31)|
Documents to view/download
Proximity Switch Certified for UL & CSA Class I II III Div 2, Zone 2 Grps A B C D / Grps F G T4A Rated for use in Gas & Dust Class I II III Div 2
This Proximity Switch has a 316L Stainless Steel Field Wireable Connection Head - 360° Rotatable housing with SPCO / SPDT (Form C) , volt free, hermetically sealed Rhodium (Tungsten optional) contacts. It has a maximum switching current of 2.5A .
It requires the use of a magnetic target to operate. This versatile switch provides highly reliable continuous monitoring across a wide operating temperature range.
Suitable for use in the design of safety functions up to SIL2 or SIL3.
Using the latest production methods and materials this product meets global certification requirements and its robust design makes it suitable for use in arduous and hazardous environments. Euroswitch products are also available with multi-approvals including combinations of the following global and regional certification standards;
ATEX / IECEx Ex d (Ex db); Ex ia; UL & CSA Cl I Div 1 & 2 and Cl2 Div 1 & 2; TR CU; INMETRO; KCs; FM; JIS; PESO; CCC; and NEPSI.
The ES series proximity switches meet the requirements of IEC 61508:2010 Routes 1H & 1S with Systematic Capability (SC3) as an element/subsystem, and are suitable for use in safety-related systems performing safety functions up to and including SIL 2 with HFT=0 (1oo1) and SIL 3 with HFT =1 (1oo2).
- Body Shape
- Field Wireable Connection Head - 360° Rotatable
- Body Material
- 316L Stainless Steel
- Contact Arrangement
- SPCO / SPDT (Form C)
- Contact Material
- Rhodium (Tungsten optional)
- Mounting Thread
- M18x1.0 (55.00mm / 2.17" long) c/w 2 x locknuts
- Max Current
- Side entry 360° Rotatable
- Conduit Entry
- 1/2" - 14 NPT
- Wireable Connection Head - 360° Rotatable
- Certification & Approvals
- UL & CSA (Underwriters Laboratory & Canadian Standards Association)
- Hazardous Location
- Class I II III Div 2
- Gas Group
- Grps A B C D
- Dust Group
- Grps F G
- Temperature Class (T Rating)
- Operating Temperature
- -40°C to +100°C / -40°F to +212°F
- Sensing Range with Magnet
- Up to the maximum in the magnet table
- Sensing Face Pressure Rating
- 2000psi / 138 bar
- Environmental Protection
- IP 66, 67 & 68 (24hrs at 30m)/ NEMA 4X & 6P
- Safety Rating
- SIL 2 / SC3
All of our products are also available as Ordinary Location / General Industrial.
|Installation and Operating Instructions||English|